Sunday, February 1, 2015

Introduction


I am a visiting assistant professor at University of California, Hastings College of the Law. I am currently teaching Corporate and Partnership Taxation, Nonprofit Organizations and Tax Policy. I have also previously taught Income Taxation, Partnership Taxation (as a stand-alone course), Environmental Law, Climate Change and the Law, and Property.

In my scholarship I use historical research, economic analysis, and tax policy and public finance tools to examine tax structures, environmental and land use regulation, and private governance systems. My articles have been published in the Northwestern University Law Review, The University of California, Berkeley Ecology Law Quarterly, the Washington and Lee Law Review and the Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum.

Before turning to academia, I practiced law for ten years in commercial real estate and affordable housing development, specializing in mixed-use real estate development and sustainable land use planning in Atlanta, Georgia and Denver, Colorado. During this period my clients included Intrawest, the Atlanta Housing Authority, the U.S. Green Building Council - Colorado Chapter, the Center for ReSource Development, and the Boulder Tool Library. I also worked for four years as a social entrepreneur with the Atlanta Legal Aid Society and Georgia Legal Services Program, developing technology projects to expand access to legal services and legal information throughout Georgia, including GeorgiaLegalAid.org and GeorgiaAdvocates.org.

I received my LL.M. in Taxation from New York University, my J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, and my A.B. from Harvard University.

The goals of this blog are (1) to share research on tax and the environment, (2) to share information about how to make teaching and learning easier, and (3) to promote systems-thinking.

Enjoy!

Tracey Roberts

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the blogging journey Tracey ...

    Best Wishes

    Jozef

    Coda: http://deepblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only few people think like that and be persistent. I hope you will continue your goal Chapter 13

    ReplyDelete